Monday, July 30, 2012

Shop: Passionflower in Eugene

On Broadway between Pearl and Oak Streets is what I call "the nice block" of downtown Eugene. Tall trees line the middle of the street, cafes have charming sidewalk seating, and there are some nice shops. One of them is Passionflower - my favorite shop in Eugene.

The Passionflower storefront. 

Walking into Passionflower for me is a bit like walking into an Anthropologie, or Ink & Peat in Portland. Owner Jewel Murphy first opened Passionflower in 1994. Almost 20 years in business in downtown Eugene! In a town where over half of downtown is vacant, that's saying something. Passionflower is an eclectic mix of goods and wares that range from the organic and earthy to the classic and feminine.

Build your own terrarium supplies.


I love taking no less than half an hour to explore the 3,000 foot shop - there is no way to see everything here in one trip. It's a bit like a museum of curios, and they carry everything from vintage pieces, to antiques, to items by local artists, to some of the very same items that Anthro carries. I've bought everything from feathers to flowers to air plants and driftwood pieces, to a pretty tulle ballet style skirt here. I love visiting to see what's new and to get inspired. 


Go slow. Life in Progress.

Candles, cards, scissors, heads, religious art. Just some of the unusual usual at Passionflower.

Chicken products on the left, bee stuff on the right.

Some of the lovely flowers in the walk-in. 

I've even made friends through this shop. Sarah Hamilton-Blasi is the floral manager at Passionflower, and we struck up a conversation while I was buying some flowers for my mom's birthday last January. I brought in one of the tea tins I collect, and Sarah totally got what I was going for. It turns out, she'd been following my wedding blog for a few years and we'd even commented back and forth before I moved to Eugene. We've talked about doing a styled inspiration shoot together, and I can't wait for wedding season to be over so we can do it.

My mom's birthday arrangement.

Love that these tablewares are grouped by color.

Some of the jewelry made by local artisans.

If you have an hour to kill, or are looking for a unique gift, or love cool shiz, just go to Passionflower. Downtown Eugene's most awesome store.

Passionflower, 128 East Broadway, Eugene, OR; (541) 344-3857
Open Monday-Saturday 10:30 - 5:30
www.passionflowerdesign.com

2 comments:

  1. Oh, thank you for this! Passionflower always smells so delicious as I walk by with my child, and I need to make time to visit when I'm solo. You bring this eclectic store to life with your vibrant details and photos--I particularly love the photo of your mother's birthday arrangement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo I really want to go here! I love the photos you took :) This is definitely on my list of places to see in the next week! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs